Value yourself. Despite your fears and insecurities. Despite what others think, or what you worry they think. Value yourself, the little things and the big things. Value your creativity, your intelligence, your humor, your kindness, your craft. No matter how small you think one action may be. It is meaningful. Value your decisions and your indecision. Maybe you know what you’re doing, where you’re going. But you don’t have to know today. Maybe you have a plan, maybe you’re making one, and maybe you’re lost. Know that plans change and you can always make new plans. When you feel like no one is on your team, know there are people rooting for you. For your happiness. The support you need is here. When you feel like you’ve made a mistake, know that you can change things. You can start over. And you don’t always have to start over. You can start again exactly where you are. You are your own solution. Just keep going. When you’re feeling run down, exhausted, and confused, know that there are still opportunities and possibilities. Seek them. And let them find you. Don’t be afraid of change, embrace it. If things aren’t changing, they’re not growing. If you’re not changing, you’re not growing. This world is crazy and overwhelming. It’s confusing and complex. And life is often painful. But it is also unbearably beautiful. The green, lush foliage of summer. The sunflowers that grow in farmers’ fields and the backyards of friends. A kitten, curled up in sweet, lazy sleep next to you. A warm cookie straight from the oven. The lull of background tunes on the radio. Don’t be afraid to look, to listen. To find what is beautiful to you. Don’t be afraid to take a step. To find what is meaningful to you. You will find it, you just have to keep searching. Eyes open, chin up.
My tower of cookies fell over. WAH.
And whether you’re feeling down or unbelievably happy, there are chocolate chip cookies & cold glasses of milk. And kitties peeking from behind your whiteboard backdrop.
- 2 Sticks Butter, Salted + Melted & Cooled
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 (scant) Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 375F. 350F is using a dark, nonstick pan.
- Combine melted butter, brown & granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium until sugar begins to dissolve. Add the flour and baking soda and beat slowly until flour is incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. (The dough will be very soft compared to your average CCCookie recipe.)
- Scoop out the cookie dough in rounded tablespoon sized dollops, leaving about 2 inches space between each cookie dough ball. They will spread.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cookie edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 3 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.